I must say, it has been really nice not having my phone. At first it was odd and a little annoying when I'd run out to do an errand and want to make sure there wasn't anything else I needed by texting Frank. But, the positives outweigh the negatives. Time with my kids is not interrupted by phone calls, texts or dings from my e-mail. I'm actually feeling more focused and planning ahead. So, my enjoyment of this rediscovered slower paced life is also playing into my weird procrastination with making the call to fix it.
Any others out there who hate and avoid calling companies (like insurance, banks, phone companies, etc)? I wait and wait until days or weeks have sometimes passed with a problem, when all I need to do is make a simple phone call to fix the issue. Why do I do this!
Anyhow, hoping for a future month with less procrastinating. Maybe by Monday I'll actually have a phone that rings. But, can't promise you I'll have it with me...
Links for the weekend to check out:
- I want to make these subs!
- Why we aren't the parents we know we could be.
- Where we'd like to vacation next.
- My next craft to do with the kids
- I would love to try my hand at croissants one day, but look how complicated it is!
- 16 Spelling Mistakes you need to stop making now.