May 1, 2013

Cooper's Bedroom

I've been meaning to post pictures of Cooper's Bedroom Makeover for a very long time. However, I lost the before photos somehow, and the pictures I took with our DSLR were a complete fuzz I noticed last night when I uploaded them. I didn't notice that the lens was on Manual Focus instead of Auto Focus. Brilliant. So, this morning in a quick rush, I took some photos with my iPhone. I'll have to do a redo later.


 I finally got around to hanging his name above his bed. Each letter is made differently as you can see. I need little cars still to glue on to the letter E to make it look like a road. R is chalk that I need to go back over with white so it is more visible. The green O needs a better frame. None the less, I like it. And so does Cooper, and that's what counts. He really can identify all the letters now in his name in other books and is really into letters now. Perfect timing.
 These dressers were a real light colored natural wood before. I bought them for $20 from a hotel that closed down on base! Score! At first I didn't know if I should paint them, but I wanted to add some color into his room, so I painted them with Annie Sloan Louis Blue Chalk Paint. I love them now!


 I also added an art wall. Nailed the cork board into the wall so it wouldn't fall, and hung some of my favorite Cooper art work. 

Two years ago, when we first bought the very hungry caterpillar bedding from Pottery Barn, I wanted the artwork as well, but couldn't justify spending $100 plus for a canvas (see below). So, Cooper and I made our own together for $15! I bought tissue paper and a canvas and we cut and glued together one morning. This canvas used to hang above his bed, and it took quite a lot of convincing to get Cooper to be okay with moving it to another wall. He loves it.
Source: Pottery Barn Kids
What you can't see in this picture is the other side of his room. He used to have a swing in it, but we moved that upstairs since it was about to pull down the ceiling we feared! Now he has a play corner and a huge wardrobe on the other wall.

I'm hoping to take some real photos (DSLR) this weekend and send them to one of my favorite blogs in hopes of being selected for a Home Tour. Then I'll post some of that on here and can show some of the other rooms in our German home.

Ta ta for now!



6 comments:

  1. This. Is. Awesome. You have just added something totally cool to my weekend agenda!! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Did you get around to making one? I still want to try to do the butterfly or bear :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely artwork! I agree with you, I would rather DIY then spend $100 on it! Your caterpillar turned out GREAT!!! -Mika
    www.sparrowshaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love comments! You all just SO made my day.

      Delete
  3. Just saw this on Knock Off Decor and had to come for a closer look. This is possibly one of the best knock offs I have seen, it looks great but most of all it was done by you and your son. In my opinion anything you can do as a family project is much more special and therefore surely worth more than the actual dollars spent. Kudos to you for awesome artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Thanks for such a nice comment! Made my weekend!

      Delete

We would love to hear from you!