June 16, 2014

Sweet Potato Fries

Hello everyone! Monday already again. Hope everyone had a great weekend and Fathers Day? It was so nice to finally have a whole weekend back with my family again, climbing and fishing and strawberry picking. I'm hoping to get back to my regular posting this week and to start, I'm sharing a near weekly recipe we use, sweet potato fries! I typically fix them with burgers, but they are great as a side anytime. We do two versions at our house. Here is my favorite though, classic sweet potato fries.



What you need:

  • 1 Large Sweet Potato for a family of 4
  • Salt and Pepper (or a Season All mix)
  • Paprika
  • Garlic Herb Seasonings
  • 1/4 stick of melted butter or olive oil


1. Preheat the oven to 425 Farenheit.
2. Peel the sweet potato, then slice into fries. I use a Mandolin to get mine nice and skinny.
3. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Or, pour olive oil in a small bowl.
4. Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet with sides, or I use my rectangular pyrex dish. Brush the potatoes evenly with the melted butter or olive oil.
5. Season with spices. You can make it spicy by adding cayenne pepper, but I try to keep it tame for my kids.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. If you like crunchier fries, leave in another 15 minutes. 


Alternative Sweet Recipe:  Instead of the spices above season the fries with cinnamon and a dash of brown sugar.


Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!