Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Back to Monday... Don't they come and go so fast?
Yup. I have another No Knead Crusty bread recipe for you. I am a little addicted to making this style bread. It is incredibly easy, never fails, and so fun to play with the ingredients! I shared the jalapeno cheddar version last month, now here is another great breakfast bread, with no sugar added! Still haven't tried the whole wheat versions of this bread because I have read so many reviews about how the bread just doesn't rise well and is too dense, but I'll give it a whirl soon.
No Knead Cherry Almond Orange Crusty Bread Recipe
What you need:
3 Cups Organic White Flour
3/4 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 cups lukewarm water
3/4 cup dried natural cherries
zest from 1 small orange
1/2 cup slivered almonds (I put in 2 handfuls)
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (including the cherries, almonds and orange zest).
2. Add the warm water and mix together with a wooden spoon until it forms a shaggy dough.You don't have to knead the bread, just get it all mixed together and leave it alone. Cover the bowl and let it sit in a warm place 12-24 hours.
3. When you are ready to cook the bread the next day, preheat your oven to 450F with the dutch oven in the oven as well.
4. Meanwhile, plop your dough onto a floured piece of wax paper, flour up your hands well, and form the dough into a ball shape. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel, and let sit for 30 minutes while the oven preheats.
5. Carefully take the oven out, place the dough ball into the center of the dutch oven, cover with the lid and put in the oven for 27 minutes covered. After 27 minutes, take the lid off the dutch oven, and let the bread cook in the oven for another 10 minutes to get that nice crusty finish.
|You don't need to oil your Dutch Oven. The bread will come out no problem after cooking.|
6. When finished, let the bread cool on a wrack or piece of parchment paper and resist the urge to cut into the loaf for just 10 minutes or so. Slice and enjoy :)
|Yummy crusty goodness!|