November 13, 2013

Watercolor Cards

“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” Pablo Picasso


Pablo, I so agree! My kids are artists. They dance without caring, sing without abandon, and create masterpieces with paint and crayons. Their creativity is limitless and they hardly know embarrassment or comparison at this point. Oh, to be four again. 


Today I'm sharing a fun and easy artsy craft you can do with your kids. Rainy days are perfect days for baking and crafting with my little ones, and this weekend we had nothing but rain, so we baked and crafted quite a bit. With the holidays approaching, I quickly decided to make use of their  artwork and made some nice cards for the family. See below for some pictures and instructions... 

All you need:
Watercolor Paints
Paintbrushes
Cookie Cutters
Watercolor Paper
Cardstock
Glue
Scissors

First Set up your painting area. 
Then pick out a cookie cutter and start painting inside the borders. 
My four year old got the hang of it really quickly. 
My 1 year old, not so much. She enjoyed making a mess. 
Our masterpieces
I cut out the paintings and glued them on card-stock and wrote messages for the upcoming holidays. 

Super cute eh? 
Hope you enjoy making these if you try some out. If so, please send me a link to photos in a comment so I can see your masterpieces as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!