March 7, 2013

Banana Bread Brownies

I don't know about you, but I love banana bread for so many reasons. I love how simple it is, I love the smell when it's baking, I love eating a warm piece right from the oven and I love not throwing away the well intended bananas! I've played around with lots of recipes and have my favorites, but recently while browsing Pinterest I came across a recipe for banana bread bars and had to try them. Believe me, they are soooo good, you won't be disappointed and you won't be able to stop eating them. It also introduced me to the blog "Life's Simple Measures," what a fantastic blog! Thank you for sharing the recipe! I did have to change one thing, the baking time and temperature, only because I didn't have a sponge cake pan. I recommend going to her blog for pictures and more amazing recipes.



Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Ingredients:
Bars
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
3 or 4 ripe bananas mashed
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt

Brown Butter Frosting
1/2 cup Butter
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp milk

Heat oven to 325. Grease and Flour a 9 x 13 pan (I used my pyrex pan). For the bars, in a large bowl mix together the wet ingredients and sugar until creamy. Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Pour into pan and bake for approximately 45 min or until your toothpick comes out clean.

While the bars are baking, heat your other stick of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a delicate brown and remove from heat immediately. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth. Poor over the bars while they are still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!