March 8, 2013

A Dress for Lily

I did it! By golly! I've been wanting to sew something other than a pillow for quite some time, finally found the perfect easy tutorial, and did it!

I used the Pillowcase Baby Dress Pattern from the wonderful blog Prudent Baby, and it was so easy to follow! I can't wait to make a bunch more of these. Of course, I didn't do it perfectly. I sewed the bias for one of the arm holes completely on the wrong side of the fabric! That was annoying. I left it on there and just covered it up with the bias I sewed on correctly. I'll get it right next time. I'd say it only took me about 2 hours total to make the dress. Hoping I can do it faster next time now that I know the steps.

Anyhow, here are some pictures of Lily wearing the dress. I am so proud of myself right now...

I didn't have any ribbon on hand, so I cut up an old blue onesie into 2 long strips for the ties. Since they are knit, I didn't have to sew the edges and they are nice and soft.

Other than that, I haven't made much or done much. The kids have been sick with colds and then the horrible throw up bug, and then I got it too. Knocked me off my feet for a day. Horrible. Today is my birthday and I'm trying to decide if I should post 33 goals for the year for my 33rd Birthday. One goal done  at least - sewing a dress for my baby girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!