December 2, 2015

Home Brewed Kombucha


Hello everyone. I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone, and now we're so close to Christmas! I normally have grand plans and get in the craft mode this time of year, but this fall, I've been really into reading some good books at night versus crafting. That's not to say I haven't been doing fun art projects with the kids. Last night we hung about ten snowflakes they created on our windows. And, I've found a new hobby (as if I needed another). Making kombucha!


I ordered this kit on Amazon, and started out with a ctirus orange kombucha. I'm waiting on my second batch of cranberry kombucha to finish the ferminting process and made another two batches yesterday. I'm thinking these will make great gifts for Christmas. It is really easy to make, and the ferminting process only takes 7-10 days. Unfortunately, it is super hard to find kombucha over here where we live, and I love it, so this is a hobby that I will keep up. If you love it as well, and consider brewing your own, this blog post does a great job in explaining the process.

Have any of you tried kombucha? Love it or hate it? What flavors are your favorite? I'd love some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!