November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!


A year ago we were up in Berlin celebrating Thanksgiving (this picture is from Thanksgiving day at the Berlin zoo). This year, we'll be home in Grafenwoehr celebrating with friends. What a wonderful year it has been so far, and we have so much to be thankful for! Sometimes it scares me to say all the things I am so thankful for out loud, as though it somehow could jinx us. But, believe me, we are thankful.

This year, I'm preparing a turkey, ham, mashed potates, broccoli cheese rice casserole, homemade onion yeast rolls, homemade apple stuffing, gravy, green beans, a butternut squash galette, and a chocolate tart. Oh my. Tonight I'll do as much prepping as I can when the kids are in bed, and try to clean/organize as well. I have the feeling I might be up pretty late. I love having a full house though and being with friends on holidays is the next best thing to family.

How about you all? What are your Thanksgiving plans? Trying out any new recipes? Sticking with some family favorites? I'm trying out quite a few new ones and hoping for the best. We'll know tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!