July 25, 2014

Friday I'm in Love

 Hello everyone! What are you all up to this weekend? Our friend Meghan is visiting from Colorado for the weekend. She was Cooper's nanny when we lived in Garmisch 5 years ago! So good to see her, and fun to reminisce.

This week has been a bit hectic with work and this and that, but the weather has been quite wonderful. Yesterday, after picking up the kids from school, I drove a mile down the road to the lakes by Grafenwoehr. The area reminds me an itsy bitsy bit of our summer home in Lake Leelanau. Same smells of pine and birch,  sandy dirt, and water. We picked fresh blueberries and raspberries, searched for lizards, and played in the sand and water. Perfect way to spend the afternoon and can't wait to do it again this weekend. That, and I think we'll show Meghan around the Frankenjura for some climbing and beer gardens.

Blueberry picking. The forest undergrowth is fully composed of blueberry bushes for miles.
Riddley, Diddley, I dee dee, I spy something you can't see and it's a lizard!



Some fun finds this week:



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!