August 15, 2013

A day at the Volksfest

This week, every day has felt like a fall day.  It's a bit too early for fall, but I'm not complaining. I love cold nights and warm sunny fresh days. Last night, we decided to head to Weiden for the summer Volksfest (people's festival), which is just like a fair or a carnival back in the states. Only, the highlight for the fests here are the large fest tents where families enjoy large beers, pretzels, bratwursts and half chickens while listening to oompah bands.
 

Lucky for the kids, it was family day, so rides were discounted. I seriously can't ride the spinning ones anymore. I felt so sick for about fifteen minutes after getting off with Cooper. What is it with getting older? This never happened when I was a kid, and I thought my mom was just being a wimp when I was younger. I can't even ride on swings for goodness sake?! Has this happened to any of you all out there?

Definitely a fun thing to do about once a year. Both kids thoroughly enjoyed the rides and the treats. My favorite part about the German fairs are the chocolate covered fruits you can buy. They dip strawberries, bananas, and grapes normally in three different types of chocolate on a stick. So good. I need to replicate them at home sometime.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!