February 28, 2013

Last Night

One of my all time favorite books as a child was  Robert Munsch's "Love you Forever". I read it to Cooper when he was little, but hadn't pulled it out in a very long time. Last night, Frank was out climbing so I put the kids to bed alone. I picked out my favorite books to ready to Cooper, and started with this one.

I always like to sing the part "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, and as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be" and thought Cooper might like that part too.

About halfway through the book, he was squirming. He asked me to skip that part... When the mommy is being rocked by the boy all grown up at the end, Cooper just lost it. He started wailing to close the book. Tears started rolling down his chubby cheeks.

I hugged him and comforted him and asked him why he was so upset. "Mommy, I don't want you to get old!"

Broke my heart. It took everything I had to hold back my tears.I kissed him and told him I am still very young and have a long time to get old and proceeded to grab some very silly books to read instead.

Phew... that boy. So dear. Just want to hug em up right now. I don't want to get old either precious boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!