April 4, 2013

Chicken Shawarma Dinner

For all of you out there who love chicken shawarma, you MUST make it using this recipe from the Shiska in the Kitchen. I did on Tuesday night and it seriously was the best meal we've eaten in a long time. The only thing I did different to the recipe was I added a cup of plain yogurt to the marinate and let the chicken sit overnight.

You must make fattoush to go with the shawarma and tzatzki and Lebanese Garlic Sauce to make it out of this world.  I used mint, cilantro, tomatoes, cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil to make my fattoush. There are lots of variations you can google. I made the Lebanese Garlic Sauce following the recipe from Mama's Lebanese kitchen and it turned out pretty darn good, but a little too spicy. I will have to try more subtle garlic next time I think. I don't have a food processor so I just used my immersion blender.

Stuff everything into a whole wheat pita and top with feta cheese. Yum! I think we'll be making this recipe a lot this summer.

Source: Blog Chef.net recipe blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!