December 26, 2012

Christmas Memories


Merry Christmas Everyone! Can you believe it is already over? Bah humbug. Always wish the month would last longer.

We enjoyed time with our kids at home and visiting friends for a Christmas Eve Party and for a Christmas Day lunch. No family unfortunately, but we were able to Skype thankfully and wish everyone a Merry Christmas over the phone. Next year, we must plan a trip home.

Do any of you all have this book? Christmas Memories Book by Lynn Anderson Peterson. You can buy it at this link..  My sister in law Julie gave it to me in 2006. I love it. Every year, I get it back out around this time, and read through all the past Christmases and enter in our new memories. There is a spot for writing about travels and visitors, Christmas Eve, presents, the meals, what you want to remember, what was special, and a place for a photo each year. I can't believe the details I forget and how each year blends into another, so this really helps.

Last year I was 8 months pregnant and living in a hotel for Christmas. This year we were in our huge old German home in Bavaria with a little 10 month old standing up everywhere and chewing on bows and paper. Cooper seemed to really look forward to/enjoy Christmas this year and reminded me daily (as I did with him) that "He knows if you've been bad or good". I really wanted him to understand the true meaning of Christmas (Jesus and giving and love) so we read a lot from his children's Bible and talked a lot about those less fortunate. Next year, we must actually DO something for those less fortunate. Not sure what that will be, but I have a whole year to plan...


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!